Friday, March 14, 2008

It's been a long 10 days...

Yes indeed it has been. I once again am deeply regretful for the lack of attention I am giving this blog. I don't even know how many people visit this blog but I promised myself that I would do this so I am. That aside, a lot has happened during these past 10 days. Do I want to talk about everything? Not really because it's not really news. But let's start off with some news from the race to the White House [stole that from MSNBC's new show hosted by David Gregory *end plug*].

Mississippi was Tuesday and as expected, Obama won by about a 10[ish] point difference. He is still about 100 or so delegates in the lead of Senator Clinton. The next contest is in April, which will be Pennsylvania.

In the meantime, fire is burning around the two Democratic candidates. They are surrounded by people who want to "help" their campaign, but to steal a catch phrase from the Daily Show, "You're Not Helping!". Geraldine Ferraro has made some comments about Obama hinting [or flat out saying] he's lucky he's black. People are outraged by this "racist" remark, which has forced Ferraro to leave Clinton's campaign. My opinion? She shouldn't have said it in the way she said it, but there's truth to it. The media has been saying for a long time now that this race is exciting because of its unprecedence due to the fact that one candidate is a woman and the other is African-American. One of the reasons why Clinton is popular is because she's a woman. This has never happened before! One of the reasons why Obama is popular is because he's African-American. This has never happened before! You see the similarities and differences? At first glance, what stands out? Their sex and their race. It's the truth [unless one of them has recently tattooed on their forehead, "Free health care for all!"]. While I'm at it, I'm going to throw more truth out there. Many voters are not voting for Clinton because she's a woman and many voters are not voting for Obama because he's black. It's the truth. I don't understand why the media and the people must censor the obvious. I must add that I am not defending Ferraro. I am merely helping the elderly cross the street [and away from Hillary Clinton's campaign headquarters].

Is it already time to talk about that story? Do I have to? *sigh* [Former] Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer admitted to be part of a prostitution ring [I think it's octagonal?]. Apparently he's done it multiple times and paid over 4,000 per house for this "Ashley" or "Kirsten" or whatever her name is today from the "Emperor's Club". I've always been a fan of Spitzer's, I think he's a good person and one of the best the Dems have. But biases aside, I think the fault is partially his wife's. At first glance [he's white and male?] he doesn't look like a man who would sacrifice his career for a good lay. So why has he? Maybe because his wife hasn't been attending to his needs. "Experts" may say he has larger amounts of testosterone because of he huge forehead, but I say, he's just a simple man. And a man has his needs. Maybe all he was looking for was companionship instead of a cold shoulder [I am in no way saying Mrs. Spitzer can freeze an ice cream cone on her shoulder but maybe keep the milk fresh?]. I am not a misogynist, but when a married man goes to a prostitute and puts his career on the line, he must be desperate and is obviously not getting any at home. Eliot Spitzer, you will always be remembered [as one of the few not gay Democrats] and I wish you luck [with your millions of dollars].

I'm all news-ed out right now, maybe it's the last day before spring break? I don't know. Ok, I admit, I have nothing else to say and is very lazy. But maybe after I watch some Countdown and some O'Reilly Factor I'll have some more to talk about. You want to read more? Check out this article by Glenn Beck: www.cnn.com/2008/US/03/14/beckfloridamichigan/index/html; it's a great read.

So that's it from me for now. On a personal note, I am now the editor-in-chief [I gave myself the title =)] for my school's newspaper! *cheers* Hmm, I should start working on that, yes? Good day!




No comments: