Sunday, April 6, 2008

I've caught the baseball fever

I admit, I have been slacking off. It's been almost 2 weeks since I last posted, and really, I regret it. But I'm here now so don't fret. It's a bit lame that I've been starting all my posts with an apology, but I'm really dedicated to this, I'm just a tad lazy/busy. Also, before all the news starts flowing, I have good news [for once]! A friend of mine, Stefano, is helping me make a website for me to blog and post my articles! I'll keep this blog still, but will link it to my site, and hopefully more people will read what I have to say =) Now on with the news!

Let's get politics out of the way. Obama and Clinton still battling it out before Pennsylvania and McCain is telling stories of his life. Yes, it's been that boring. I don't want to say I've been losing interest in the race, but I'm starting to tune out a bit. Every week there's a new scandal on top of older scandals and whatnot. It's piling up into a large pile of Liberal Trash. I'm inclined to root for McCain because there's a slight chance he'll consider Mitt Romney as his running mate [if he cares about the conservative vote that is; otherwise it's Lieberman]. But breaking news is that Clinton's chief campaign strategist is quitting because he is linked to some Colombian free trade deal. Another slump for the Clinton campaign; it makes me almost feel bad for her. And the Clintons' tax returns have been recently released and they made a combined total of $109 million last year. Whoa! How is her campaign in debt? C'mon, be like Romney and pay for some of it yourself! Critics say this will detach Clinton from the middle and lower class voters because, well, she's bloody rich! If she cares about her campaign at all, she should use her money to trump Obama. It always works, especially in the States. Whoever denies 'money makes the world go around' is an idiot.

Hollywood lost a great actor yesterday. Charlton Heston died in his home last night. He was 84. He was in movies such as "Ben-Hur", "The Ten Commandments", "El Cid", and many more. It really sucks that so many Hollywood people are dying. It just seems they're so immortal yet they're humans just like us. It upsets me that no matter how great you are, you always get brought down by something like death.

Unfortunately, there have been more deaths since the fifth anniversary of the war in Iraq. This afternoon in Baghdad, 3 soldiers were killed and 31 others were injured in rocket attacks. Along with this most recent attack, there have been 19 more deaths since the 4000 marks was reached. All I can think about after reading such things is, "What for?"

In Eldorado, Texas,  over 200 women and children have been taken away from a ranch in Texas that is the home of polygamists. These people belong to the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, where the act of polygamy is heavily practiced [as opposed to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints where it is now condemned]. Girls as young as 13 years old are forced into an arranged marriage usually to a man much older. The best known case is of Warren Jeffs [52] who was convicted last year on counts of rape, incest, and sexual conduct with a minor. He was sentenced to 10 years to life. Sometimes religion is taken to the extreme, and that's when things get dangerous [and illegal]. I don't understand how marrying multiple wives is following the word of God. Adam was only allowed Eve, so why do people think they should get more than one?

A scary piece of news. A 3 year old girl found a gun in her home and shot herself in the head. She is in critical condition at this moment. I'm honestly surprised she survived, but I don't know exactly where in the head she shot. Maybe just scraped the side, but still, very scary. What are these parents thinking? "Let's put a gun where my baby can reach! But no, I refuse to buy toys from China because they have lead in them!"

Now onto the good stuff [referring to the title of the post]. Baseball season has started and I have grown quite fond of it. I first watched intently last year when the Boston Red Sox played the Colorado Rockies and owned them in the World Series. This season, I have made a promise to watch as many games of my teams as I can. I have chosen one team from each league: American League will be the Boston Red Sox [obviously because I always cheer for the Boston teams] and the National League will be the New York Mets! Even though both teams are one game behind [3-4 Sox and 2-3 Mets], I have high hopes for both teams and I know they'll do very well. This time if both teams make the World Series, I will NOT place a bet. I don't want another football fiasco to happen again [Patriots vs. Giants and I put money on the Pats -_-"]. So cheer for those two teams even if you don't watch baseball!

Oh I just received news of this. The Juno Awards were tonight [the Canadian music awards]. Feist won the most with 5. Other popular Canadian artists such as Michael Buble and Blue Rodeo picked up a few. Congratulations Canadian music!

I don't know when I'll post again, but I'm hoping sooner than I did last time. If things go well and I get my new phone, I may be able to blog more often because I'll be able to do it anywhere =) See you all next time! Good night, and good luck! [Haven't used that in awhile =) Oh! Congrats to Countdown for making it to its 5th birthday! Many more to come I hope!]


No comments: